By using Skyline (the Product) you agree to the terms of this Licence which will bind you as an Authorised User.
Informatica Systems Ltd Products are not intended to function as a substitute for a healthcare practitioner’s judgement. The Products are intended to prompt, support, aid and supplement the expertise, discretion and judgement of physicians, pharmacists or other healthcare professionals. You must exercise your professional judgement to determine if the information provided by Informatica Systems Ltd software is safe and appropriate in each case.
Healthcare professionals are responsible for patient care and retain full and sole responsibility for determining the treatment of a patient, such treatment to include (without limitation): investigations or tests, prescription or dispensing of pharmaceuticals or otherwise, referrals to specialists or others.
GRANT AND SCOPE OF LICENCE
Informatica Systems Ltd permits an Authorised User to use the Products and the Documentation on the terms set out in this Licence.
Informatica Systems Ltd shall have the right (exercisable in its sole discretion) to remove, alter, update, disable or require un-installation of any Solution (or part or functionality thereof) or Documentation for any reason including (without limitation) legal or clinical reasons without the need to consult you.
Unless otherwise stated, all intellectual property rights in the Products and the Documentation throughout the world belong to Informatica Systems Ltd or to its licensors. Neither the Licensee nor any Authorised User shall have (or shall acquire by virtue of this Licence) any rights in, or to, the Products or the Documentation other than the right to use them in accordance with the terms of this Licence.
Informatica Systems Ltd will have rights to enforce against an Authorised User for any breach of the terms of this Licence.
Each Authorised User shall be permitted to:
- install and use the Products for the Practice’s internal business purposes (and, where applicable, for the purposes of satisfying any centrally mandated programme of audit) on any computer situated at your Practice location(s) (Practice Location);
- receive and use any free supplementary products or updates to the Products incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors or alterations to functionality as may be provided by Informatica Systems Ltd from time to time;
- configure the Products in accordance with any Documentation;
- use any Documentation in support of the use permitted under clause 2.a.and make such number of copies of the Documentation as are reasonably necessary for its lawful use.
Except as expressly set out in this Licence, you shall not
- do anything which contravenes any applicable NHS “TRUD” licence;
- copy the Products or Documentation except where such copying is incidental to normal use of the Products or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- rent, lease, sell, distribute, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or modify the Products or Documentation;
- make alterations to, or modifications of, the whole or any part of the Products nor permit the Products or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs;
- allow any third party who is not an Authorised User access to, or to in any way to use, the Products or the Documentation;
- disassemble, de-compile, copy, modify, adapt, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Products nor attempt to do any such things except to the extent that such actions cannot be prohibited because they are essential for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the Products with another product or use by an Authorised User, and provided that the information obtained during such activities:
- is used only for the purpose of achieving inter-operability of the Products with another software program;
- is not disclosed or communicated without the Informatica Systems Ltd prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it; and
- is not used to create any software which is substantially similar to the Products.
- provide, or otherwise make available, the Products in any form, in whole or in part (including, but not limited to, program listings, object and source program listings, object code and source code) to any person other than Authorised Users without prior written consent from Informatica Systems Ltd;
- use any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including, images, text, page layout or form) of Informatica Systems Ltd (or any other third party’s trade marks appearing in the Products or Documentation) without Informatica Systems Ltd express prior written consent; or
- use the Products or Documentation for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes.